Our Mary and Martha Women’s Ministry group had a coffee talk meeting this morning, and it was a great opportunity to bake something new. I decided to make 3 different mini muffins, and they were so good that I wanted to share the recipes.
The first one is an Apple-Cinnamon Chocolate Chunk muffin. I found the recipe on The Crepes of Wrath blog:
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Chocolate Chunks
Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
dash of cloves
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks
1. Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line the mini muffin tins with mini muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, egg, and sugar until well combined.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just moistened (don’t overmix).
4. Fold in the chopped apple and chocolate chunks.
5. Divide the batter amongst your muffin tins and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the muffins start turning golden brown. Allow to cool in the muffin tins before removing. Makes approximately 48 mini muffins.
I found these beautiful baskets on clearance at Michaels, along with the decorations, and I also printed up the cards identifying what kind of muffin was in each basket. They looked beautiful! Everyone admired the baskets and loved the muffins 🙂
The other two recipes will be posted shortly.