This week’s TT features 13 of my favorite Christian fiction authors:
1. Tamera Alexander – Tamera’s books are historicals set in the American West. It’s hard to pick one favorite, all her books are excellent. Remembered is the one I read most recently, so I’ll say that it’s my favorite…right now 😛
2. Colleen Coble – Colleen’s books are contemporary romantic suspense and many are set in Hawaii. I really enjoy a tight, well-written romantic suspense novel, and all of hers fit the bill. Abomination is one of her more recent releases. If you like romantic suspense along the lines of Karen Rose Smith, you’ll like Colleen’s books.
3. Lori Copeland – Lori’s books are great! The stories contain plenty of humor, and the characters are believable. She’s written historicals set in the American West as well as contemporary books. Stranded in Paradise is one of her contemporary stories set in Hawaii and is a humorous story of learning to let go.
4. Lyn Cote – Lyn writes both historical and contemporary romances with rich characters. Autumn’s Shadow is one of her contemporaries, 2nd in her Northern Intrigue series.
5. Liz Curtis Higgs – Liz is a great writer. I’ve only read her contemporary romances and have yet to read her historicals, but I’ve heard good things about her historicals and am looking forward to reading them. My favorite of her contemporaries is Mixed Signals, a story about a woman in the world of radio broadcasting.
6. Deeanne Gist – Deeanne burst onto the Christian historial fiction scene with A Bride Most Begruding, a story set in Virginia in 17th-century Virginia.
7. Robin Jones Gunn – Robin writes the most wonderful contemporary romances for adults, teens and pre-teens. Sunsets is my favorite of her books.
8. Cathy Marie Hake – Cathy writes some of the funniest and warmest historical fiction I’ve ever read. Letter Perfect is one of her best books.
9. Dee Henderson – Dee is a fantastic writer who doesn’t shy away from a difficult storyline. Her best series is the O’Malley series, about a family of orphans who adopted each other as siblings when they were kids. The stories are amazing with strong, honorable men and women. The Healer is my favorite of the O’Malley series.
10. Tracie Peterson – Tracie is a very prolific author who began writing historical for Heartsong Presents and quickly proved herself to be one of their best writers, soon moving on to single titles for other Christian publishers. Her latest series is the Ladies of Liberty series, and A Lady of Hidden Intent is the second of that series.
11. Gayle Roper – Gayle’s books are contemporary romantic suspense, and she’s written for Harlequin’s Love Inspired line as well as released single titles. One of my favorite series is Seaside Seasons and the best book in that series is Spring Rain. Spring Rain touches on the topic of homosexuality and treats it with wisdom, love and grace.
12. Debra White Smith – Debra has written some wonderful contemporary romances, including a couple of series. The books in one of her series are contemporary versions of Jane Austen novels, and another series, the Sister Suspense Series, feature seven women who (if I’m recalling correctly) attended college together and became lifelong friends. Picture Perfect is the story of Kim Lan, a young woman of Vietnamese descent who’s become a supermodel. She finds herself on a missions trip to Vietnam that changes her life.
13. Susan May Warren – I know I keep repeating myself, but it’s hard not to do so when talking about so many fantastic authors of Christian fiction. Susan is yet another, and also writes romantic suspense. My favorite is Tying the Knot, which is the story of Anne Lundstrum and Noah Standing Bear.
I hope you enjoy this week’s TT, and please be sure to click on the links to the author websites to find out more about each author, their books and the ones I’ve featured here.